Enjoy Ultimate Security in the 2017 Honda HR-V
Active Safety Features
The first area we’re going to explore are the active safety features. These features are constantly in play, ensuring that the driver is able to maintain control of the vehicle regardless of traffic, terrain, or weather conditions. A couple of the features that get to work keeping you safe every time you start the 2017 Honda HR-V include:
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control – When the weather takes a turn for the worse, you don’t have to worry about whether or not your vehicle will be able to handle it with the Honda HR-V’s VSA with traction control system.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System – When your vehicle’s tire pressure gets low, it doesn’t drive at its full potential; that’s why it’s important to remember to keep your tire pressure normalized. This system takes the guesswork out of doing that and reminds you when it’s time to do so.
- Daytime Running Lights – Always make sure that it’s easy for other drivers to be aware of your location with the help of daytime running lights.
While these features may not be as interactive as the active safety features, their role in keeping you safe is just as, if not more, important. Passive safety features work behind the scenes to make sure that the vehicle is prepared in case of an emergency or collision. These features help minimize damage to the vehicle and to the passengers. These features include:
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering Body Structure – At the very beginning of manufacturing, the Honda HR-V is equipped with an innovative and safety-enhancing body structure that aims to minimize both vehicle and passenger damage during a collision.
- Innovative Airbag Systems – With dual-stage multiple-threshold front airbags, SmartVent front side airbags, and side curtain airbags with rollover sensor, the HR-V is always prepared to keep you safe.
- Driver and front passenger seat-belt reminder – One of the first things you learn in driver’s education is to buckle up, and now, thanks to this system, you’ll never forget it.
Another preventive safety measure that the 2017 Honda HR-V takes comes through driver-assist technologies. These technologies make it easier for the driver to remain aware of their surroundings, allowing them to be better defensive drivers while making the driving experience more relaxing and less stressful. Some of these features include:
- Honda LaneWatch – Changing lanes doesn’t have to be a guessing game anymore with the help of the Honda LaneWatch system. A camera on the passenger-side mirror displays what’s taking place in the lane beside you so that you can safely switch lanes.
- Speed-Sensitive Volume Control – Making sure that the music doesn’t hinder your ability to stay alert and aware of what’s going on is a breeze with a speed-dependent volume control system.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines – Getting in and out of tight parking spaces, backing out of the driveway, and navigating packed parking lots is simpler and safer thanks to this helpful monitoring system.