2019 Honda Passport Specs Reveal an Awesomely Powerful New SUV
Honda Passport MPG
Your 3.5L V6 will come paired to a 9-Speed Automatic Transmission (9AT) with Shift-By-Wire (SBW) and Paddle Shifters. You’ll enjoy seamless shifts and perfect performance across the power ratio, plus the following efficiency focused features:
- Eco Assist™ System: Provides feedback to show how your driving is impacting fuel consumption. You’ll coach yourself into better driving habits over time.
- Variable Cylinder Management™ (VCM®): Shuts down two engine cylinders when you’re cruising steadily to help reduce fuel consumption.
- Idle-Stop: Shuts off the engine automatically when you come to a full stop, then restarts immediately when you’re ready to go.
All told, drivers can expect to make:
- Up to an EPA-estimated 20 mpg in the city and 25 mpg* on the highway in 2WD.
- Up to an EPA-estimated 19 mpg in the city and 24 mpg* on the highway with available AWD.
Honda Passport Towing Capacity & Capability
In the words of The Car Connection: “We spent a lot of time off-road in the Passport during an initial preview drive near Moab, Utah, and found it to be a sufficiently formidable four-wheeler on unpaved roads.” It’s a vehicle built to excel when you head off the beaten track, with capability features including:
- Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ (i-VTM4®) AWD System: Variable amounts of torque can be sent to each rear wheel independently to minimize slippage across wet or loose surfaces. Across dry roads, handling is enhanced by sending additional torque to the outside rear wheel when turning
- Intelligent Traction Management: Provides Snow mode for 2WD models and Snow, Sand, and Mud for AWD. Wherever you travel, the Honda Passport will be ready to adapt.
To ensure you can haul everything from laden trailers to speedboats and ATVs out with you, Honda Passport towing comes in at:
- Up to 3,500 lbs. with 2WD.
- Up to 5,000 lbs. with AWD.
Honda Passport Performance Features
The Honda Passport feels just as capable in the city and on the highway as it does covering the backcountry thanks to a fantastic range of performance features.
- Sophisticated Suspension: All models fit MacPherson strut front suspension and multi-link rear suspension to iron out the road.
- Front and Rear Stabilizer Bars: Helps reduce body roll when you hit bumps or take sharp corners.
- Power-Assisted Ventilated Front Disc/Solid Rear Disc Brakes: Delivers exceptional stopping power whether you’re decelerating slowly or making an emergency stop.
- All-Season Tires: Housed in 20-inch Split-Spoke Gloss Black Alloy wheels, all-season tires react perfectly to all surfaces through all conditions.
*Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.